An Invitation to Participate
The Pacific Coast Reproductive Society invites you to participate in the 66th Annual Meeting through the submission of abstracts of original scientific research.
UPDATE Deadline: 11:59 PM Pacific Time, NOVEMBER 27, 2017. No exceptions.
Abstracts submitted to PCRS must contain original work not published previously or presented at a meeting of another national or international scientific organization prior to the 2018 PCRS Annual Meeting.
- Abstracts must adequately describe the research performed in order for the PCRS Abstract Review Committee to evaluate the quality, originality and completeness of the work.
- Two copies must be submitted. Failure to submit correct documents may render your submission ineligible.
- Copy number one must be a Word document (.doc, .docx) and include all authors' full names with respective institutions and city and state. Download sample.
- Copy number two must be a PDF of the same document with authors' names and institutional identifiers removed. Download sample.
- Only abstracts structured with the following headings may be submitted:
Background: A briefly worded description of the reasons for the study.
Objective: An introductory sentence indicating the objective and purpose of the study.
Materials and Methods: A description of experimental procedures including applicable statistical evaluation.
Result(s): A summary of the new previously unpublished data and results.
Conclusion(s): A statement of the conclusion(s).
Financial Support: List financial support for each author.
References: Acknowledge applicable sources, if any.
- Abstracts must be limited to 500 words, excluding authors, institutions, graphs, equations and tables.
- Use 11 pt Arial Regular font. Set title in ALL CAPS.
- All sources of support for the research must be disclosed and identified in the abstract. This includes any industry employment of authors, even if direct research funding was not received.
- Ensure the email address entered for each author is current and correct.
Good Things to Know
Withdrawal: The last date to withdraw an abstract accepted for presentation, without penalty, is December 31, 2017. Penalty: Authors whose abstracts are accepted for oral or poster presentation who fail to present their work, fail to have it presented by a co-author, or withdraw the abstract after December 31, 2017, will be ineligible to have abstracts considered for presentation at the PCRS Annual Meeting for the following two years. Exceptions will be considered if the PCRS is promptly notified for extreme, unforeseen circumstances.
- You will receive an on screen confirmation following the successful submission of your abstract. Print or capture this screen for your records.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be emailed to the presenting author between December 15 and 23, 2017.
- All decisions made by the PCRS Abstract Review Committee are final.
- All presentations, oral and poster, must be made in English.
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be required to submit a provided Declaration of Disclosure/Conflicts of Interest. This form must be completed and submitted even if you have nothing to declare.
- The second slide of all oral abstract presentations must contain full financial disclosure or a statement attesting to the absence of financial support. Subsequent slides must not contain advertising, trade names, product or group messages, or logos, whether commercial or institutional.
- The presenting author will be the recipient of any earned PCRS award.
- Submission of an abstract for consideration for presentation implies that the presenting author will register for and attend the meeting to present her/his work. Scholarships are available to qualified reproductive health professionals in training.
- Poster must be hung by 12noon on Thursday, and presenters must be at their posters during Friday Night Poster Reception.